Ricoh launches new industrial inkjet print head for high resolution label, packaging and wide format graphic printing
Ricoh Europe, London, 17 May 2016 – Ricoh has announced the launch of a new industrial inkjet print head designed for a range of printing applications such as labels, packaging and wide format graphics.
The Ricoh MH5220 will be on display at drupa in Dusseldorf, Germany, from 31 May through to 10 June alongside Ricoh’s full range of industrial print heads. The MH5220 print head will be commercially available from Summer 2016.
In the industrial printing market for labels, packaging and wide format graphics, there is an increasing demand to meet a variety of customer needs such as smaller lot sizes and shorter delivery times, as well as finer image quality. This has resulted in the rapid digitisation of industrial printing to deliver greater flexibility and productivity.
Ricoh will introduce the MH5220 print head – which offers high resolution printing – to support its industrial partners in meeting market demands, while continuing to expand its industrial inkjet business. Key characteristics of the new RICOH MH5220 print head
- With 1,280 nozzles configured in 4 x 320 nozzles, the head achieves high-resolution without granular appearance of dots and is also capable of printing 1,200 dpi resolution with multiple print heads in a staggered configuration
- Multi-drop capability (whereby drops are ejected in rapid succession, then merge in flight before reaching the media surface) allows the creation of a range of drop sizes from 2.5 ～9pl
- Robust stainless steel construction, resulting in excellent durability and extended service life
- Built-in heater, capable of jetting of high-viscosity inks
- Compatible with UV durable Ink for label printing
Ricoh’s innovation in the Inkjet Business
Ricoh has a long and rich heritage in the world of inkjet technology dating back over 30 years, which enables it to support a wide variety of inkjet printing systems. Ricoh also support partners in diverse industrial and specialty markets from wide format graphics to additive manufacturing and textile to digital enhancements.
Key specification of the new Ricoh MH5220 print head
|Method||Piston pusher with metallic diaphragm plate|
|Print width||54.1mm (2.1")|
|Number of nozzles||1,280 (4 x 320 channels), staggered|
|Nozzle spacing||1/150" (0.1693mm) ／|
|Nozzle spacing (Row to row distance)||A : 0.93mm B : 9.31mm|
|Total print head dimensions||89mm(W), 64.2mm(D), 24.7mm(H)
3.5" x 2.5" x 1" (No cable)
|Max. number of colour inks||2 colours|
|Operating temperature range||Up to 60℃|
|Temperature control||Integrated heater and thermistor|
|Life||100 billion actuations per nozzle|
|Drop volume||2.5pl (single drop）、2.5～ 9pl (multi drop）|
|Gray scale||4 levels|
|Alignment pin direction||Front (standard)|
|Separately sold parts||MH5220 dedicated cable|
Specifications are subject to change without prior notice due to the manufacturer's continuous development program