Independent analyst firm positions Ricoh as a Specialist in Workplace Systems Integrators Report
The report provides a detailed fact-based comparison of the most prominent workplace systems integrators on the market. Based on the proprietary Verdantix Green Quadrant methodology, analysis positioning Ricoh as a Specialist is based on service briefings with pre-set usage scenarios and supplier responses to an extensive questionnaire. To understand customer needs, Verdantix conducted in-depth interviews with software buyers at organisations occupying mid to large real estate portfolios and reviewed data from a survey of budget decision-makers.
- Comprehensive space management and workplace system deployments.
- Ricoh achieved a market-leading score of 2.5/3.0 for its space management software implementation capabilities. The report notes how Ricoh has deployed its own space management solutions (Ricoh Spaces) as well as third-party solutions. For manufacturing firm Wavin, Ricoh deployed a booking system for meeting rooms and desks, as well as a visitor management system, including a digital signage screen for guests to use to check-in. This system serves the needs of 12,000 staff across 40 countries.
- Deployment of plug-and-play and customised workplace mobile apps
- Ricoh attained an above average score for its workplace mobile app deployment capabilities, having deployed over 100 projects in this area. This includes product discovery, technical consulting, implementation, performance measurement and roadmap advisory. The report states that Ricoh is able to deploy its own workplace apps as well as third-party solutions. Working with facilities management firm Sodexo, Ricoh implemented an app that enables staff to book meals, scan QR codes, and confirm orders of these meals that are delivered to their smart lockers. Ricoh was able to customize the app to support this specific function, alongside more traditional configurations such as space booking to support an agile office.
- Remote intranet management expertise and support services
- The report notes Ricoh for its remote intranet access management capabilities, strong capabilities and customer proof points. It states how Ricoh offers remote services to monitor on-site network infrastructure from basic network access control to network administration, firewalls and virtual private network management. Ricoh provided LAN and wireless network management for a designer outlet in retail malls across 10 countries and 29 locations, with managed support services from Ricoh’s Service Operation Centre.