Ricoh recognised as a Leader in 2023 IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Print Transformation
In the IDC MarketScape: ‘Worldwide Print Transformation 2023 Vendor Assessment’, Ricoh was named a leader. The IDC MarketScape noted that over the past 10+ years, Ricoh has evolved from a document-centric organisation focused on office equipment, document management, and related services, to a data-centric company. While Ricoh emphasises its transition to digital services, it is continuing to invest in their core business."
The IDC MarketScape noted the following strengths for Ricoh:
- Early entry into transformation
- Established framework for the future workplace with our "Change at Work" initiative
- Industry leadership with recognitions in IDC MarketScape reports for Cloud MPS1, Security Services and Solutions2, Print in the Distributed Workforce3 and high-speed inkjet solutions 4
- Acquisition history, helping to swiftly gain technology and skills to excel in transformational market segments
- Gaining positive perception as a digital services company, not just a copier company
- Continued investment in the core business with new acquisitions like PFU Scanner business and joint venture with Toshiba
- Customer testimonials highlighting how we have helped them on their own digital transformation journey
“We believe our position as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Print Transformation 2023 Vendor Assessment is a result of inspired actions we have taken since several years ago in response to industry changes that gave us the tools to proactively position ourselves as a dynamic digital services provider and integrator today. We believe in not only embracing change but leading it, and will continue to offer a combination of cutting-edge technologies and services and deliver optimized value that unleash the full potential of our customers.”
Takahiro Irisa, Senior Corporate Officer and President of Ricoh Digital Services Business Unit, Ricoh Company, Ltd.
Explore the future of printing with Ricoh
As featured in the IDC MarketScape report on print transformation, dive into our innovative solutions and see how they can inspire your journey towards print excellence!Get in touch
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market.
The research methodology utilises a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market.
IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
1“IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Cloud MPS Hardcopy 2022 Vendor Assessment,” doc #US47337721, Jan 2022.
2“IDC MarketScape: Worldwide for Security Solutions and Services Hardcopy 2022-2023 Vendor Assessment,” doc #US48851622, Jan 2023.
3“IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Print in the Distributed Workforce 2022 Vendor Assessment,” doc #US48596221, Jan 2022 t
4“IDC MarketScape: Worldwide for Security Solutions and Services Hardcopy 2022-2023 Vendor Assessment,” doc #US48851622, Jan 2023