Ricoh Europe PLC., 20 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF, United Kingdom (“Ricoh”) has developed www.ricoh-europe.com (“the Website”). On the Website you can learn more about Ricoh and about the products and services we provide. Ricoh recognizes the importance of the protection of personal data. Ricoh promises to respect your privacy and process your personal data in a careful and confidential manner. The data will not be processed for other purposes than the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement. All data processing shall be in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the applicable laws.
Why does Ricoh process your data?
- If you fill out a feedback form your data is processed to be able to reply to your comments or questions
- If you submit a request for product information your data is processed to be able to handle your request and for statistical purposes to see about which products information was requested
- If you wish to apply for a job with Ricoh, your data is processed to assess whether we have a suitable position in our organization for you
- If you are a member of the press and you would like to join the Virtual Press Office your data is processed to verify your request and to grant you access to this restricted area of the website
- Your data is also processed to be able to monitor and improve the services Ricoh provides through the Website
What data does Ricoh process?
- If you submit a feedback form or a product information request form, Ricoh processes the information necessary to contact you such as name, address, country, phone number and e-mail and the content of your request or feedback.
- If you decide to apply for a position within Ricoh, Ricoh processes your contact information and all personal data that is needed to assess your qualifications. This information is directly forwarded to Ricoh’s Human Resource Department.
- If you request access to the VPO the data needed to create an account for you is processed. The data you provide shall also be used to verify you are an accredited member of the press.
- Logon information is also stored for security reasons and to monitor and assess the use made of the Website. This Logon information shall be stored in a manner in which it is no longer possible to trace the information back to an individual person.
- If you decide to contact a sales company or a distributor directly via an e-mail address to which a link is offered on the Website, the information you provide is sent directly to this company, only a copy of the request is sent to the Website’s webmaster to ensure your request is handled properly.
- If you use a link provided on this Website to another website (such as www.ricoh-support.com or www.ricoh.com) and you provide personal data on such a site, the processing of the data shall not be subject to this Privacy Statement, but instead to the privacy statement or notice as posted on such website.
Who has access to your data?
Only Ricoh has access to the data collected through the Website.
The Website’s webmaster transfers feedback and information requests to the appropriate person or department to handle them within Ricoh. If there is no appropriate person to handle such a request, the webmaster may transfer the request to an official distributor of Ricoh branded products.
Information you provide us with to grant access to the VPO is only used by Ricoh and is not disclosed to others unless this is necessary for verification purposes.
Information you provide us with when you apply for a job is never disclosed to anyone outside Ricoh.
Does Ricoh transfer your data to others?
Except as stated above, your personal data is not submitted, disclosed or transferred to any other party than Ricoh. The Website contains links to other websites and email addresses of organization outside Ricoh. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any such websites and email addresses.
Does Ricoh use your data for Direct Marketing?
Ricoh does not use your personal data to send you any unsolicited mail regarding commercial offers or advertisements, nor does Ricoh sell or trade your data.
Where is your data stored?
Ricoh stores the data on servers located in London, the United Kingdom. These servers are owned and maintained by a processor that has agreed with Ricoh to respect the applicable privacy laws.
Is your data safe with Ricoh?
Ricoh has taken the necessary technical and organizational measures to adequately protect your data from unauthorized access and processing.
What are your rights with regards to the data?
You are not obliged to provide Ricoh with the requested data but if you do not agree to the collection of your data unfortunately Ricoh may not be able to handle and/or grant your request. You have the right to request Ricoh to inform you if and what personal data relating to you Ricoh has processed. You may also request Ricoh to correct, supplement, block or delete said data totally or partially in the event that it is factually inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant to the purpose of the processing. You may object to your data being processed or to the purpose for processing. Ricoh will undertake to comply with such requests in a timely manner. You can withdraw your declaration of consent to process your data at any time. In case you wish to withdraw your declared consent and, thus, terminate the processing of your personal data by Ricoh, a letter or an e-mail will be sufficient.
Who can you contact?
Requests can be made (preferably in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Ricoh Europe PLC., Corporate Communications Office, 20 Triton Street, London, NW1 3BF, United Kingdom.
All data processing by Ricoh is in compliance with the applicable European privacy laws.
To ensure such compliance, Ricoh may periodically revise this Privacy Statement. By accepting this Privacy Statement you agree to your data being processed by Ricoh as described herein.