Workers now look for ‘perfect match’ with employers based on values
Ricoh Europe, 15 May 2019 – Today’s workforce is more united than ever in its demand for a seismic change in the way we all conduct business in the future. It’s no longer enough to measure just financial success, with employees from across the generations* calling on businesses to be a force for good and drive positive change in the world.
New research commissioned by Ricoh Europe1 reveal that:
- 64% of workers agree sustainability needs to be at the centre of business and product strategies in the next five to ten years
- An average of 65% across all generations believe in their company’s values and ideals
- Employees are personally invested in their workplaces, with an average of 59% across all generations viewing their work as a key factor in defining who they are as a person
- An average of 63% across all generations think the way the world does business will change dramatically in the next five to ten years
*For reference, generations were defined by year of birth as below:
- Baby Boomers: 1946 – 1964
- Generation X: 1965 – 1980
- Generation Y: 1981 – 1995
- Generation Z: 1996 – Today
1Research stats are based on a survey of 4580 office-based employees across 24 EMEA countries conducted by Coleman Parkes and commissioned by Ricoh Europe.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services that enable individuals to work smarter from anywhere.
With cultivated knowledge and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-year history, Ricoh is a leading provider of digital services, information management, and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group has major operations throughout the world and its products and services now reach customers in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2022, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,758 billion yen (approx. 14.5 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh-europe.com
© 2023 RICOH COMPANY, LTD. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information, please contact:
Ricoh Europe PLC
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ricoheurope
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ricoheurope
Follow us on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/company/ricoh-europe
Visit the Ricoh media centre at: www.ricoh-europe.com/press