Ricoh grows IT services capabilities with acquisition of Avantage
- Acquisition further enhances Ricoh’s position as a digital services company
- Avantage customers to benefit from Ricoh’s global footprint and extensive IT infrastructure
Ricoh Europe, London, 16 March 2021 – Ricoh customers in the Netherlands are set to benefit from an even greater range of IT services and digital transformation capabilities through the company’s acquisition of Avantage.
Avantage customers will benefit from Ricoh’s global visibility, continuous support, financial capacity, IT infrastructure and international area of influence. They will also have access to the wide range of Ricoh products, which include document management systems, business process services, production printing solutions and workplace management. Ricoh customers will benefit from the exceptional infrastructure and competencies of Avantage in the context of increased employee productivity through IT services.
Avantage will operate as a Ricoh subsidiary responsible for its own operations and results. The company will become part of the Ricoh Office Services business.
Alberto Mariani, Senior Vice President, Office Services, Ricoh Europe, says: “This exciting acquisition is part of a global strategy to further enhance Ricoh’s digital services, related competencies, and provision of even greater customer support. Avantage offers the perfect fit for Ricoh in terms of customers, employees, propositions, and size. It also complements other areas of our business such as document management solutions, workflow solutions and print services to provide customers with truly dependable extensive service and support.”
The acqusition of Avantage is a key part of Ricoh’s growth strategy to provide even greater customer benefits and support for digital transformation. Previous digital services acquisitions in Europe include:
- The Ridgian companies in the field of analytics
- Aventia for user experience and ecommerce
- Techno Trends in the field of unified communications and video conferencing systems
- NPO Sistemi for cloud solutions, technology & integration and software solutions
- LAKE Solutions AG for data storage, security and cloud integration
- The IPM and TotalStor businesses for the transformation and modernisation of critical IT infrastructures, data storage and analytics in private and hybrid cloud
- Mauden for data centre, IT infrastructure, artificial intelligence and business intelligence
- Orbid for critical IT infrastructures, managed services, data centres, private and hybrid cloud.
- DataVision for AV and workplace management solutions
- DocuWare for cloud and on-premise document management and workflow automation software
- SimplicITy for data centre design and transformation
- MTI for data centre transformation solutions, hybrid cloud, cyber security and managed services.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services that enable individuals to work smarter from anywhere.
With cultivated knowledge and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-year history, Ricoh is a leading provider of digital services, information management, and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group has major operations throughout the world and its products and services now reach customers in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2022, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,758 billion yen (approx. 14.5 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh-europe.com
© 2023 RICOH COMPANY, LTD. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information, please contact:
Ricoh Europe PLC
Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ricoheurope
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ricoheurope
Follow us on LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/company/ricoh-europe
Visit the Ricoh media centre at: www.ricoh-europe.com/press