Independent analyst firm positions Ricoh as a Specialist in Workplace Systems Integrators Report
Ricoh Europe, London, 15 July 2021 – Ricoh today announced that it has been positioned by Verdantix in its 2021 Green Quadrant for Workplace Systems Integrators * report.
The report provides a detailed fact-based comparison of the most prominent workplace systems integrators on the market. Based on the proprietary Verdantix Green Quadrant methodology, analysis positioning Ricoh as a Specialist is based on service briefings with pre-set usage scenarios and supplier responses to an extensive questionnaire. To understand customer needs, Verdantix conducted in-depth interviews with software buyers at organisations occupying mid to large real estate portfolios and reviewed data from a survey of budget decision-makers.
Verdantix highlights Ricoh’s main strengths as being its:
- Comprehensive space management and workplace system deployments.
- Ricoh achieved a market-leading score of 2.5/3.0 for its space management software implementation capabilities. The report notes how Ricoh has deployed its own space management solutions (Ricoh Spaces) as well as third-party solutions. For manufacturing firm Wavin, Ricoh deployed a booking system for meeting rooms and desks, as well as a visitor management system, including a digital signage screen for guests to use to check-in. This system serves the needs of 12,000 staff across 40 countries.
- Deployment of plug-and-play and customised workplace mobile apps
- Ricoh attained an above average score for its workplace mobile app deployment capabilities, having deployed over 100 projects in this area. This includes product discovery, technical consulting, implementation, performance measurement and roadmap advisory. The report states that Ricoh is able to deploy its own workplace apps as well as third-party solutions. Working with facilities management firm Sodexo, Ricoh implemented an app that enables staff to book meals, scan QR codes, and confirm orders of these meals that are delivered to their smart lockers. Ricoh was able to customize the app to support this specific function, alongside more traditional configurations such as space booking to support an agile office.
- Remote intranet management expertise and support services
- The report notes Ricoh for its remote intranet access management capabilities, strong capabilities and customer proof points. It states how Ricoh offers remote services to monitor on-site network infrastructure from basic network access control to network administration, firewalls and virtual private network management. Ricoh provided LAN and wireless network management for a designer outlet in retail malls across 10 countries and 29 locations, with managed support services from Ricoh’s Service Operation Centre.
The report notes Ricoh’s strong consulting capabilities to support with business case development. It recommends that Ricoh be shortlisted by corporates looking for a workplace digitisation partner and considered by IT departments looking to extend the benefits of back-office function optimisation.
Ibrahim Yate, Senior Analyst, Verdantix, says: “Ricoh is a workplace systems integrator with specialist capabilities and particularly robust momentum in space management and plug-and-play as well as customized workplace mobile apps. Corporates looking for a digitization partner with proven experience in the IT function should review Ricoh’s value proposition.”
David Mills, CEO, Ricoh Europe, adds: “We believe Ricoh has been recognised in the Verdantix Green Quadrant for Workplace Systems Integrators based on our customer-first approach. We have harnessed this, in part, due to a significant proportion of our space management, reservation and digital signage solutions being sought after by many of our print customers as follow-on requests. This gives us the distinct advantage of already possessing a solid understanding of how to leverage an organisation’s IT network to create efficiencies and integrate new systems into the digital infrastructure. Crucially, this provides customers with peace of mind and confidence in working with a leading digital services provider.”
Download the report for free here.
*Verdantix: “Green Quadrant: Workplace Systems Integrators 2021” by Ibrahim Yate and Susan Clarke (May 2021).