Carphone Warehouse Business Agenda
Ricoh’s Managed Retail Service (RMRS) – which is designed specifically to modernise retail IT systems based on detailed knowledge of the sector - enabled Carphone Warehouse to quickly digitise their in-store environments, meeting the business priorities, whilst driving down costs by 10% and gaining operational efficiencies.
Carphone Warehouse, a retail giant that runs a huge customer service operation with 42,000 staff across 11 countries, comprising 1,000 high street retail shops in UKI alone, has recently transformed their retail operation with Ricoh’s help.
Like many technology leaders, as reflected in Gartner’s CIO Agenda report (2018), Carphone Warehouse’s CIO needed to enhance customer experience in view of the growth in omni-channel retailing with smart IT Investment.
Carphone Warehouse’s CIO had set clear business priorities that needed addressing:
- Customer Focus: Enhanced 1st-class customer experience with more reliable in-store technology and more efficient service desk handling and cut system downtime, ensuring better customer service, through trend analysis and preventative repairs
- Cost optimisation/management/reduction: Cut costs by 10% by more efficient management of store related service desk calls
- Digitisation: Upgraded 5,000 chip and pin devices for a better in store experience
- Enhance customer experience with a focus on delivering first class multi-channel customer service at the point of sale and in post-sale support
- Improve operational efficiency to drive a 10% reduction in costs – this required a transformation of service desk management
To achieve this, the IT priorities set by the CIO, were as follows:
- Digitise the retail experience for customers – this was achieved with the introduction of s5,000 new chip and pin devices across multiple stores
- Improve the IT infrastructure to reduce system downtime – trend analysis and preventative repairs reduces pressure on technical support
Read the Carphone Warehouse case study to learn how Ricoh’s innovative solution reduced the complexities in managing customer experience across multiple channels of engagement
Challenge: Customer Engagement
Business size: Large business
Service Line: Workplace Services