Ricoh’s Invoicing Services are designed for organisations that wish to optimise their accounting functions. The service allows you to migrate, at your own pace, your buyers and suppliers from paper-based invoicing to more efficient cost-effective electronic invoice processing.
Paper-based invoicing is costly both in terms of the time it takes to process incoming and outgoing invoices and the material costs involved in the process. Electronic invoicing is simpler to track and less prone to error than manual processes, and a consolidated view makes it easier to respond to queries and administrative requests.
We will help you evolve your invoicing practices at a speed that suits your organisation, clients and suppliers. Some clients and suppliers may, for example, still require a paper-based approach to fit in with their own accounting practices, and our solution is easily tailored around these needs.
Our cloud-based service gives you the ability to easily control your invoice payment and approval processes from any location and includes both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable solutions. Both are flexible and scalable to match changing business needs, and are managed on a SaaS Service model so that you can easily manage your expenditure.
- Key features & benefits
Ricoh’s Invoicing Services help you improve your invoicing workflow by introducing efficient, trackable invoicing practices across your organisation.
Our service can help you:
- Reduce energy, paper and mail costs by moving from paper-based to electronic invoicing
- Save time by streamlining manual workflow and increase the speed of invoice processing
- Increase productivity by freeing up employees to focus on other areas of the business
- Improve cashflow management with a clear view of the funds that are due to come in and leave your organisation
- Support environmental policies with a move to paperless invoicing
- Improve document security by reducing the risks associated with physical transport and storage
This service includes:
- Delivery of outbound invoices through digital or print channels
- Migration from hard copy to digital invoicing at a speed that suits your clients
- Automatic formatting, sorting and delivery of invoices in the preferred format
This service includes:
- Capture of all inbound invoices from multiple channels, from paper and email to electronic file transfers
- Translation of all email to digital format and delivery to your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application as an e-invoice
- Use cases
Ricoh solution delivers 63% efficiency gains
Ricoh’s digital invoice processing solution has helped a utilities supplier take control of its international supply chain. The automated system has streamlined invoice validation and approval and has reduced the time needed to process supplier invoices.
The manual, paper-based systems used by this utilities supplier to process supplier invoices were inefficient and time-consuming. The company needed a more effective invoice processing solution that would automate manual systems, streamline the approval process and ensure that supplier invoices were paid on time without the need to handle paper-based documents.
With a thorough understanding of the customer’s business needs and requirements, Ricoh was able to re-engineer the process. We introduced an intelligent digital solution to automate invoice approval processes and integrate directly with the company’s existing systems, providing accurate real-time financial information.
Invoicing Services saves sportswear manufacturer €3 million a year
Ricoh’s customer, a well-known sportswear manufacturer, was spending €4 million a year distributing paper-based invoices and statements.
The billing process was managed by the company’s centralised billing department and invoices were printed, inserted into envelopes, sorted by country and mailed daily. Other transactional documents, such as statements and order acknowledgements, were prepared monthly.
Recognising that existing processes were inefficient and dependent on a high degree of manual processing, the company asked Ricoh to provide a managed service that would streamline administration and reduce process costs.
The sportswear manufacturer now outsources the billing process to Ricoh. Transactional data, generated by the company’s order management system, is now processed by Ricoh and used to create electronic invoices. According to each end-customer’s preference, the invoices are then either uploaded to a web portal for online viewing, or printed and dispatched by conventional means.
The company is now working towards migrating 80% of its customers to electronic invoicing. The move saves €3 million per year, and aligns internal processes with the company’s green policy.